How to Order
- Completing the repeat prescription slip provided with your medication.
- Online Via EMIS Patient Access
- Using the Online Consulting section of our website if you are struggling with patient access: PATCHS (although patient access is the preferred route)
- Using the post box in the surgery/ OR the external post box outside of normal surgery hours. Must including dosage, frequency of administration and quantity.
- Posted to Oakwood Medical Centre, Broadway, Barnton, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4LF. Please remember to include a stamped addressed envelope if you require your paper prescription posted back to you. Must including dosage, frequency of administration and quantity.
Please allow 48 hours from ordering your repeat prescription to picking up the medication. Prescriptions sent in over 1 week early will not be processed.
Occasionally the doctor may request that you book an appointment to discuss your prescription request. All patients receiving repeat prescriptions will need to be reviewed by a doctor at least annually for monitoring and review of their medication.
If you are struggling to order your medication please contact us for support as there are other options for patients and family members who care for patients that may be more suitable.
There are certain rules and guidelines that we must follow around requests from hospitals/consultants and other outside agencies. For more information please ask the Practice Pharmacist or see the Medicines Management website:
Two working days for us to process a prescription does not mean that the chemist will automatically be able to give you your medication, especially if the medication needs to be ordered. Speak to your chosen pharmacy to ensure you don’t have any issues.
At Oakwood we may need to see you personally before we can issue your medication as a new patient. Please ensure you order with enough time to book an appointment if you need one.
Our Practice Pharmacist will review your medication with the GP and will contact you if an appointment or telephone consultation is needed.
Please remember that different areas and surgeries have different rules and regulations to follow so we may not always be the same as your previous practice. If you have any concerns please speak to a GP or the Practice Manager.
If you have set up EPS (Electronic Prescriptions) please ensure you have removed this from your old pharmacy – we have had patients whose prescriptions have gone to London, Manchester, Liverpool etc as they used to live there – your ‘nomination’ will follow you when you move practices and will not be automatically removed. Please ensure you check this before you request your prescription.